Employment Question

I just got hired as a nurse. I basically got the job already, unless I fail my background/drug test. I have nothing to worry about, except, I didn't put ALL of my past employers- only because they had nothing to do with nursing- but I have never been fired from any of them. The hospital will be doing an employment history check as well, should I be worried? Could this affect me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would have included all unrelated employement on a seperate sheet myself. maybe you could let them know?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They will wonder why there are gaps in your employment history. It should have been included. They may get the wrong idea (like you are worried about what those employers would say about you.) However, as long as you have an explanation, I wouldn't worry about it.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Any time you are looking for employment you should put all of your previous employers during the time period specified on the application. Even though these positions were not in the field of nursing, these employers can still provide information regarding your work history and answer certain questions regarding your employment with them. If the company you are applying for does a work history and finds that you omitted information they could question your honesty as an employee and would, of course, wonder why you left them out. I hate to say it but, yes, I would be worried. If I were you, I would contact them now, before they have a chance to find out for themselves, and let them know you did not include previous employment outside of the nursing field and you want to make sure they have all of the information they need for their background check process. You'll stand a better chance if the information comes from you.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I never put ALL my prior employment on anything. I just have had way too many jobs. I usually put only those positions that are most relevant. I wouldn't worry about it unless they ask for more references.

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2010