How do i know when that castor oil is working

if i took Castor oil to induce labor people have said it gives you really bad cramps well how do i know if the Castor oil is working and i am having contractions or if they are just the cramps and yes i know it will give me the runs i have researched at a lot and i just can find the answer to the ? i just asked how do i know the difference

itsagirl200801

Asked by itsagirl200801 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You really won't know until the 'cramps' come regularly and increase in intensity. I tried castor oil and all it did was give me violent runs, and left me dehydrated and exhausted. Be careful with it. If it doesn't work your body isn't ready for labor, I would try evening primrose oil pills in your cervix that works better.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i guess when you are IN labor.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• you'll know. theres a HUGE difference in the run's kind of cramping and labour cramping/contractions.

castor oil didn't work for me - made me puke for a day and a half, and I had the runs for even longer. I was exhausted and dehydrated by the time I was 'better'.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i personaly dont know why anyone would do this unless you dr told you too my cousin did it and went over board and bout killed her child your baby will come when it wants too but everyone is intitled to there own opions
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010