MY LAST CHECK

I wrote my last check to the utility company and sent it up with my SO after a month of telling them it was $200 higher than usual, and getting nowhere, I wrote it out for $406 (almost threw up) and they sent it back and said the bill was only $274.58 but now I have no check to write out--can I use white out on it??

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 5:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• No I dont think you can use white out..you could go get a money order to mail or get some temp checks from your bank.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• NO !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 5:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• no you cant, your best bet is to order more quickly and get a money order in the mean time. Do they take debit cards or checks by phone? mine will normally do a check online or by phone you just need your routing number and account number off your check.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yeah you cna't do that. But I have to say that a utility company returning the check because it was more than what you owed sounds really odd to me. Anytime I ever did that the extra was simply credited to my account....so the next month I wouldn't owe aything or only owe a few dollars....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't know why they didn't just keep it and CREDIT you for your next month's bill?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You may be able to fix it and then initial it. I have done this a long time ago, so regulations may have changed. I have also done the phone check thing, you just need your check there to read the numbers from.

Answer by Bmat at 6:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Bmat is right. Put one line threw the errors and initial next to them. There's still a chance that it might not go through but it's better than being late.

Also can you pay online or over the phone? I think that's BS that they returned it to you.
    Anonymous

• Go to the bank and ask for a couple temporary checks. I've done it before.

Anonymous

• I worked at a bank in the past. You cannot white it out. get a money order or temporary checks. Order someone more checks.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010