Is this too long of an age gap?

Do you think having a six year old, a four year old and a newborn is too far between?

Do you think the oldest would care for the youngest or see it as a bother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sounds like a great gap between all kids. not too big a gap, not too small. it's just right. =)

the gaps you have between your kids sounds pretty ideal to me. you had you kids so they can still grow up and play together, but won't be too much trouble since they outgrow the baby stage before you have the next one. kudos mama!
    Anonymous

• you have kids when you have kids, no right or wrong gaps.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It is fine, my sister is 6 years older than me and she was pretty good to me, and she was the closest to my age. It is fine no worries. 6 year olds love babies.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Haha...it's better than the gap I will have if I get to marry and have kids. My only son will be 14 in March. I am dating. I hope I can eventually have a child before he is out and married. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My son is now 13 and has a half-sister age 23 and two half-brothers ages 27 and 37.

They all love him!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 5:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• In families with lots of kids the age gap between the oldest and the youngest is sometimes 10 years and more. In the case of the Duggars, their oldest is 19 and their youngest was just born this year. Though that is an extreme case, my in laws have about a 10 year gap between their youngest and oldest. Oldest is in high school and youngest is like 2 or 3 or something.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't see it as a problem at all. My brothers are 15.5 and 7.5 years older than I am, and I'm close to my oldest brother.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No way, my first and second are 7 yrs apart. My second and third are 2 yrs apart. They are pretty much the same in how they feel about each other. They all fight every now and then but no more so being closer or farther apart.
    I think the ages of kids don't matter, it's more of a Parents "thing" when they say they want their kids to be close. Most of the time it is just hard on mom.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• There's 10 years between my 2 girls. The eldest was great when the other was a baby, found her sister a pain while she was a young teen but later they got on fine and still do.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• my oldest is 12 then i have a 9 y/o and a 5 1/2 y/o they all get along great having the 9 y/o is a buffer of sorts. my 12 y/o loves his little sister she annoys him but he does love his baby sister and even plays with her. she looks up to him.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010