Thinking about joining a Gym (Golds Gym), does anyone take their kid(s) to the kids gym(child care), do they like it?? How old?

Thanks for answering!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i was a member of the YMCA for a while, and i took my daughter twice. both times she got sick. so i refused to take her again.
    Anonymous

• I did at the local health club and it was great my dd was 10 months and she hated leaving.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We go to Ballys and my son loves it! He has a great time and the staff is wonderful.At our gym they even have TV's around the gym showing the daycare so you can see what's going on while you work out. Just check out the daycare before you join.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I signed up for a 7 day trial at 24Hour Fitnesss when my DD was just under a year. There was only one lady watching like 15 kids and she could barely speak English. So, she was redirecting the kids and the kids didn't understand her and kept doing whatever they were doing. I set my DD in this big foam donut and stood behind the glass to observe for a few mins. All of a sudden, a bunch of older kids bum rushed her b/c she was the only baby. They were in her face and trying to pick her up. I went back in, checked my DD out, and never looked back. Then, when she was almost 2, I found a cute little gym for women only. I could tell that there were a lot of moms who went there and I felt much more comfortable. They had a staff to child ratio rule so that the kids were safe. I went for about a year until my DD started getting sick every other week. I started to notice that the kid care didn't turn away sick kids. I saw
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• kids in there with oozing green crust and sneezing all over the place. I got so upset that I cancelled my membership. I wish that hadn't happened b/c I really enjoyed that gym. So, going in to speak w/ a membership staff, I would ask, is this gym for women only? What is the staff to child ratio? Do you turn away sick children? Are the childcare staff CPR and First Aid certified? Is there an infant section that is divided from the older kiddos?
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You know I was a little leary of doing this to begin with, I think I will just get up and do the spin classes at 5:00 a.m. and leave my little man at home in bed with daddy. Thanks ladies for the info, I so appreciate you taking the time to answer.
    Anonymous

• OMG, I can't believe these answers!!! We go to the Y and it is so clean and kid/family friendly, the kids LOVE going to the play room while we go work out for an hour. They are 5 and almost 3. Maybe its the area these people live in that doesn't have the greatest quality of people...?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• By quality...do you mean poor, gramsmom? However you meant it, it just seems degrading.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I dont know what state you live in, but I used to work in the day care at the Gold gym in columbus ga, and when i was there, we kept it very clean, we vaccumed after each shift, we cleaned the toys after each shift, there was a seperate area for the babies, the girls I worked with were very nice. I LOVED my job. We also had a video camera that linked to a tv screen out in the gym area so you could "check" on your child or the staff with out us knowing. Anyway hope this helps you.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2010