I am an EXHAUSTED..

Single mother of a toddler boy. I just got home from a very long day of 3 meetings and class. I have been packing and cleaning since I did and now I just want to relax but my toddler doesn't want to calm down. I guess he's been running around crazy since he got up from naptime (2pm). anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lay on the couch relax and let him run around, that is what I do with my DD when I am tired and she is crazy.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It always helps my son calm down if I turn all the lights in the house off. It changes a chemical in their brain that helps make them sleepy.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have a two year old, im not as busy as you but I do get exhausted? When he is rambunctious, I tend to let him eat a meal to fill him up, a warm bath with those color tablets and let him play in the water. the color tablets don't stain him . . i used them to hide the plug when he was younger and always unplugging the tub. then put huggies lotion on him, and then last, but very important . .lavendar. Put lavender oil on the back of the ear lobes, the back of the neck, under the nose, and the scent will make him sleeping. Sometimes just putting away your things for the day and watching a movie helps relax. My son loves lady and the tramp.
    Anonymous

• I have twin 18 month olds and a useless DH so I really feel your pain. Thankfully my bubs haven't started climbing out of their cribs yet so they go in there when I need to rest. They can sleep, play, talk to eachother...whatever but I can rest knowing they are safe.
    What i will do when they start climbing out is something I don't want to think about yet lol...GL
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010