Catholic School??

What are your thoughts about it? I personally went my whole life, but not sure if I want to send our daughter. I've heard some cons about the quality of the education children receive there today. When I went it was the thing to do. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I went for 7th - 12 grade. I think the quality of eduation depends on the school just like with public schools. I did not find smaller class sizes etc. In gen. I think that most have less discpline issues b/c they can expell kids with issues. FOr H.S. I think that they have much less to offer than public schools.
    Discpline is much more enforced but there were kids who drank and did drugs etc. just like inany school
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My kids go to Catholic school. I love the class sizes, the fact that they can discipline, they expect the kids to do their best academically, socially, and religiously, parents are extremely involved and that God is the center of all they do. Our kids start doing charity work in Kg and they really understand what they are doing and why they need to do it.
    I will say that if your child needs help or is extremely advanced the extra help isn't always there.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My hubby and I did not go to catholic, but I found one that I LOVE and my son is in Kindergarten now.I had planned on a larger Baptist school until I feel in love with this one.
    I love the small class, very personal (everyone knows everyone) like previous post said chariyt work, religious based. They are very strict on behavior and academics are challenging. Love uniforms, parents volenteer for every event and fundraisers are for local missions, Hati, blood drives, ect. I feel good about my choice. But you have to choose based on the school it's self not just "catholic school"
    Ours runs background checks on all the parents, we all had a mandetory "Protect the children "class . No parent can come to class parties or field trips until background check is complete. I feel my child is safe and well educated. Good luck on you school hunting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• in Canada the catholic schools are a part of the public school system - you get to choose public or separate (catholic) but you do also have to be baptised catholic to attend.

mine are in the catholic system and LOVE it. there aren't uniforms or anything, its just more strict clothing regulations (no tank tops, words on t's etc...) . they teach the spiritual aspect of everything that I'm happy with.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010