Is she dumb?

This "friend" was apparently bad-mouthing me to another friend regarding, of all things, my car seat! I have a 5 yr old who is 42 pounds and 42 inches who I keep in a 5 point full car seat. She is making fun of me! She lets her 3 yr old run all over the van when she drives so maybe she's just ignorant! It really did bug me for some reason...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• She will stop laughing at you the day her childs has just gone through the front windshield and is broken beyond recognition, because she wasn't strapped down. Then it will be too late. I wish people like her really understood the reality of life!
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• stupid as hell. bad mouth your good parenting all she wants, at least you know you're doing the right thing
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Shes dumb, i think its a law now to keep them in the car seat till there 8 or something like that. Your doing whats safe for your kid.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• sounds dumb to me......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She is being dumb, it is your choice to use a full car seat, you will go to a booster when you feel comfortable with it. She is an idiot who thinks she knows it all.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• In Pennsylvania, children cannot ride in the front seat until they're 12 or 4' 9" tall, and in the back are REQUIRED to use a size appropriate booster seat and seat belt until they are 12 years old. Then it's seatbelts for EVERYONE from there on out!

Tell her she CAN get a ticket for not properly restraining her child in a car (on top of whatever else the police officer pulls her over for!).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• wow, she is very ignorant
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• People used to make fun of me making my son wear a bike helmet. He was 4 or 5 and liked his helmet and sometimes wouldn't take it off right away when he got off his bike. It was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle helmet.

Then my roomate's nephew was riding his bike without a helmet and got hit by a car on a highway. He was airlifted to a major children's hospital and lived but had major brain damage. He was 12 and after recovering from the accident couldn't walk and was a lot like a 3 year old. The doctor there was an exert on helmets and said his brain would have probably been ok if he had a helmet on.

People didn't make fun of me or my son after that. My roomate was a scout leader and there was a major helmet education drive. I hope it doesn't take an accident for your friend to obey the law and use common sense and get the kids in car seats.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She isn't really your friend. My grandson is 44 lbs, 42 inches tall and will be 6 in April. He is in a 5 point harness except when he has to ride with my Mom. He uses a high back booster. He rides with her less than once a month. Emergency kind of thing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Just one more thing...my neighbor was carrying on about his same thing. He shut his mouth when I said "B you follow NASCAR right" He answer "of course" I said "I know we arent driving around at 200 mph ...but if Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon wear a 5 point harness as grown men what is your problem with your 5 yr old wearing one?" He said not one word.. I noticed last weekend his son was back in the 5 point carseat.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010