DH and sperm count

So my DH and I have 2 children together that are older and we have decided to TTC for # 3. However this isnt working so well... my OB wants to do a sperm analysis on him. Does this make sense to you? He is 37 and I guess after 35 spermcount can drop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• hmm...I'd try to track your ovulation as well and make sure your hitting it on your most fertile days. keep track of your period and it's about within the two weeks before you have your period that you ovulate so get it on girly! lol
    Anonymous

• It is easier to test a male than a female, and i that is the issue you won't have to go through tougher testing, if not then they will test you. Sperm can drop for all kinds of reasons.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It is easier to test the male. So they will start there.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: well I should add that we have been TTC for #3 for over a year and I had blood work done and it all came back fine. Thanks for your answers.
    Anonymous

• there just gonna make him do his bussiness in a cup and look under a microscope..also remeber being in the 30's means it just might take more work its not like were spring chickens anymore lol..were older and things take a lil longer...when your 18-20 u can lose weight really fast and when your older it takes longer for u to lose the weight..just takes more work then normal. also if your both stressing about it.. that dosent help..u need to relax and enjoy and not think about it.. it took me and dh 5 months to have our son and we were 28. once we calmed down and just enjoyed and thought if it happends great if not it wasent ment to be..a month later i was pregnant..( we were on vacation too ) good luck hun..and u guys need to just breath and relax...
    Anonymous

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• also..boxers are best to wear theres more room for the manhood and his" beans" no tight clothing. and i agree with the ovlation kit..but there are somewhat xpensive for a week supplie. ( about 20 )
    Anonymous

• What doesn't make sense. When doctors start checking for fertility problems they do the cheapest, easiest, and most common tests first. You said he is old enough that his sperm count may be lower. He may be wearing clothes that keep him too warm. The test is cheap and easy.

If his count is low one option is to take his fresh ejaculate and spin it down in a machine so all the sperm are on the bottom of the tube. Then the doctor can suck up the sperm from the bottom and put it inside you near or in your cervix at the time of ovulation. Not very expensive and almost painless. Artificial insemination.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i saw on the show doctors the other day that sperm count is higher in the morning...try having sex in the morning
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My hubby turns 37 this year. We are pregnant with our 3rd. He has done sperm counts. The first time was when we were TTC #2 and they said it was borderline low. Like out of every 10 sperm, if only 5 are swimming good, that is poor sperm count, but hubby's was 6 out of 10. Since then he quit smoking and other things and when he was tested before we found out about this one, his count was just fine :) I do have PCOS, however.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010