would you be pissed if...

you were waiting for your dr. appt (the office didnt open until 9am) and you had gotten there 20 mins early and you were just waiting in the lobby and someone else came about 10 till. When you get to the sign in chart and write down your arival time you write down 9 am. (even though you were there earlier, you don't think about it) the person that comes after you writes down 8:45 and gets seen before you. Would you be pissed off, knowing you were there before them? Would you think they did that so they could be seen first and shouldnt the drs office have known that i was there first since i was the first to sign in! What idiots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be pissed but not much anyone could do about it without making a scene. They either did do it on purpose or all they knew is they were early and unsure what time because people are so in the clouds half the time. No way to know.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• hmm, i dont let the little things annoy me..so no i wouldnt be pissed.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• well, I would think it obvious to the staff that who ever's name is listed first got there first.

lesson also learned, actually write down what time you arrived.

of course, maybe her appointment time was earlier than yours. Maybe her doctor was there and your's wasn't even there yet.

There are many factors in this.

Anonymous

• Yeah I would be mad I don't have the free time to sit in an office unneeded. I would have said something.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Well when our doctor comes in at 9 the staff can see that were waiting outside and asks us who was here first. I simply say I wrote down nine because that is the time you opened. I been here since 8:30. Just tell them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would be annoyed at the audicity. but not pissd
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would be pissed, but not surprised. If a doctor ever sees me on time, I might need CPR.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Not pissed no, ppl do a lot of crappy things if I notice them all I'd be really crappy to be around. If it really bothers you just casually bring it up next time and ask how you can ensure that you will be seen on time in the future. They may be helpful or brush you off and then then talk about you when you turn your back. Its the doctors office I am amazed when I get out of there anywhere under an hour let alone seen on time. Regardless of what time they listed, they may have had an appointment that was for something simple or maybe they were seeing another physician in that office?
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 8:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• One of the MAIN reasons I do not go to the Doctor unless I am dying is because I HATE waiting. It royally pisses me off that I have lets say a 10 o'clock appointment, get there at 945 don't get called back until 1045 then sit in the room for another 20 minutes. Like my time isn't just as important as theirs!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No, you don't know if that is why that person was seen first.
    It could be that you both had same appt times (it's done all the time) and their visit was shorter or less complicated than yours so they wanted to get that person done and out of the way.
    OR that person could have made a last minute appt for a major problem that couldn't wait and your problem may not have been as severe.
    Patience is a virtue and you should always look at the bigger picture. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010