Does everyone hate this name?

I looove the name Henley for a girl. It's not even a name though. It's type of shirt. Everyone hates it! Thing is 'Cheyenne' used to be a city, not a name. 'Faith' used to be something people had and 'apple' used to be just that, an apple. At what point does something transform from a thing to a name? My biggest concern though is that people will cluck @ her and call her 'hen.' Does ANYBODY like it?

Koolblu77

Asked by Koolblu77 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not really! Sorry
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I like it, but for a boy. And kids will find some way of making fun of others.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It is unique but not my bag.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think that is a lovely name!!!!!!!!! Personally I'd tweak it slightly. But I don't know how.... Henleigh doesn't look right. It's creative, original and memorable but not too weird/cheesy. Go for it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i like for a girl or boy.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• not my choice, but also not my child. :-D
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure... It's growing on me the more I think about it. The kids WILL shorten it to Hen though, I guarantee it. Are you ok with that? I know a little girl named Tenley and they call her Ten.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 8:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Its unique but if you're out of the box maybe your daughter will be also so if ppl want to tease she would likely let it roll off of her back. Kids can come up with a mean nickname for anything, my son PJ is Pajama Bottoms and that's from an adult. Maybe she will always be a trendsetter. If you like it then go for it, I've heard and seen much worse and everyone can't be a Sara or Emily that would be boring
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 8:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I like it a lot, but I like different names. My kids are Jasmine and Gabriel, not off the wall cause my husband didn't like my different names but I love it.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Hen is short for henley. so everybody would call her that.
    Anonymous