Valentine's Day gift for teacher and teacher assistants?

I need some ideas for a small valentine's day gift for my son's teacher and assistant teachers. Does anyone have any ideas? I thought about a gift card but I want to make it a bit more personable. TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• Get something that is helpful for them to have, I got a gift of a lunch kit so that I could pack my lunches without worry it had a salad bowl with separate spot for dressing, a sandwich holder and thermos. Teachers appreciate things like that more than food, or candy/
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Does the teacher have a class wish list? Something for the classroom can be a big help-- supplies of some sort. Teachers end up buying a lot of stuff with their personal money for the classroom.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• wow. i never would have even thought of this.

you could do a magnet, a stationary set, stickers, pencils, a coffee mug, or some combination of them depending on how much you want to spend
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• A gift I saw on I think family.com was a bottle of hand lotion and a cut out of your kids hands. Tape them to the outsides of the lotion and write on them, Mrs. so and so, You deserve a hand! Happy Valentines Day! I thought it was very cute and am doing that for my kids teachers.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I am a daycare teacher and I think if the gift is something that the kids made it is more special
    nawnie

Answer by nawnie at 9:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010