Need good vegetarian/meat meals.

Something that's easy that can satisfy both types of palettes. My best friend is a vegetarian and she's pregnant and her husband eats meat like we do. Any suggestions? They are staying for the weekend so I'll need a couple meals.

Pristine_Dream

Asked by Pristine_Dream at 9:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Send me a message offlist, and I will be happy to forward some recipes to you. Here are the dinners in our regular rotation:
    No hurry curry
    sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    taco salad
    minestrone soup, salad
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    chili and cornbread
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    dairy-free nachos
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake
    white chili
    Stovetop lentil sloppy joes
    Tofu and spinach curry
    Lentil soup
    stew with dumplings
    lentil tacos
    Pot pie
    zucchini enchiladas
    Mediterranean Vegetable stew with poached eggs
    Stirfry
    homemade pizza
    squashed macaroni
    peanut noodles
    blueberry oatmeal pancakes
    slowcooker lentil sloppy joes

Answer by rkoloms at 4:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would do portobello burgers and regular burgers with grilled veggies if it's grilling weather where you are. You can make the burger patties by combining ground beef or bison with McCormicks hamburger seasoning and grilling. Meanwhile, cut the caps off the portobellos and rinse them. You can remove the black gills of the mushroom if you want. mix a little bit of olive oil with some hamburger seasoning and salt and pepper. Start grilling the burgers, and when they are halfway done, put the portobello mushrooms on the grill. Cook til it gets good char marks on one side then flip. When you flip them, add a slice of mozzarella or provolone cheese on top of the burgers and mushrooms. Also grill up some asparagus and corn on the cob, perfect sides. FOr the asparagus, get the really thin ones, and snap them off at the bottom. Just bend, and it will naturally break where it needs to. Rinse the asparagus and dry with a paper towel...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Do you have Trader Joe's by you? I am a gardenburger fan and also fake meatball spaghetti.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• then toss with some olive oil, lemon juice and salt and grill for a few minutes til tender. For corn on the cob, boil it for about 8 minutes and then take it out, rub with butter, and put on the grill to get some grill marks. To assemble the burgers, take your buns and add either the patties or the mushrooms with mayo/mustard and all the normal burger toppings. The portobellos really have the texture of meat and I like it better than regular burgers.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010