Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is food stamps now the SNAP program?

I'm not on them so I have no clue but I did see signs at Walgreens talking about the Supplemental Nutrtition Assistance Program. Are they the same and why did they swtich?

Answer Question

Asked by SaraP1989 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 14 (1,621 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • It is the SNAP program in some states. In IL it's called LINK

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

  • yup in wisconsin its called quest

    Answer by sati769leigh at 9:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

  • here in texas it is now called snap

    Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 1:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • LOL....why change the name? I don't get it.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

  • It's because they now have it set up on a card that works like a debit card, but only for food. And it depends on what card they use in what state, that's why the names are all different.

    Answer by jillybean703 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.