If your a vegetarian have you been one all of your life?

If you are a vegetarian have you been one all of your life? Or as you got older you decided. I was really thinking about not eating meat anymore. Than I say to myself "Meat tastes so good" I know its healthier being a vegetatian and all. My cousin has been a vegan most of his life. I remember he made me Tofu and it was excellent. I do eat pork but not as much as I used too. I also enjoy some vegetarian dishes, but I dont think I would want to be a vegetarian full-time.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL a vegetarian that eats pork.. that's a new one

no, I like meat, plus our bodies need protein and I don't much care for the other ways to get protein.
    Anonymous

• I just switched to being a vegan and it hasn't been hard at all. Meat is no nasty if you really look at it and now where it comes from. I mean have you really looked at a cow? Why would you want to eat that or drink it's milk?!?

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I could never do it. I need meat. I need the protein that's in meat. Sometimes, what I need for a good pick me up is a good steak.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Nope I love meat way to much.
    Anonymous

• i have definitly thought about it. but it would conflict with m husband for sure! hes def a meat guy.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't give up cheeseburgers LOL. And I think it woul be way too difficult to try and cook and eat everyday without animal products.
    Anonymous

• I've been a vegetarian quite a few times in my life. I don't eat very much meat now...it doesn't do much for me. Protein comes in many forms, and very yummy forms. Meat is NOT the only form of protein. It is in beans, and grains, and more. We do not consume cow milk in our home. Our bodies were never meant to consume milk from a cows teets....I find it comical that people get grossed out at human breast milk, but they can down a glass of cows breast milk....so very strange to me....
    uggs-lover

Answer by uggs-lover at 9:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• To anonymous...I don't think that she said anything about being a vegetarian that eats meat....she is merely stating what she eats now, and she ISN'T a veg now.....
    uggs-lover

Answer by uggs-lover at 9:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I quit eating meat in grade 7. I am almost 40. To be clear, that is red meat, pork, chicken. I eat fish, veggies, tofu, legumes. Thai and Indian food are favorites or Chinese veggie w/ tofu. I make veggie spaghetti w/ fake meatballs from Trader Joe's and eat gardenburgers with all the stuff on them. I just could never get into the taste. If you like the taste, it's good to have some meat, we need the iron!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I was a semi-vegetarian for 4 years while I was in the 10th grade up until I was pregnant with my first daughter. I liked it! My dad really was supportive too, he'd go and make me special plates of whatever was in the fridge. He made the BEST veggie sandwich and quesadillas! I started eating meat again because my ex was concerned about the baby although i knew we were fine. I'll be honest, when I went to barbecues or smelled bacon in my house I HATED it! It'd make me sick!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010