vitamin A and my OB

I am feeling kind of pressured to take the Rx prenatals. My OB asked me about my prenatals during my first appt and I told him I was taking Rainbow light prenatals.. Well he told me that most all natural prenatals have too much vitamin A and asked me to bring them in the next visit so he could look at them. They have 2000IU betacarotine which isn't stored in your body so it wouldnt contribute to toxicity. Then it has 2000IU vit A palmitate which i don't know if it is stored in your liver or not, I can't find info on that. Does anyone know? He said I shouldnt be taking any vitamin A, but I dont eat a lot of vitamin a rich foods and the prenatals I took with my first had a lot more than these and I had no problems. I just hate the idea of not getting enough vitamin A and I really don't like all of the crap that is in Rx prenatals, Does anyone know about the vitaminA palmitate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds to me like they might be getting kick backs on the Rx prenatals.

my midwife told me to get the ones from walmart by Spring Valley.

but I know nothing about your actual question, sorry.
    Anonymous

• I just saw an article today about not taking Vitamin A during pregnancy (I'm 30 weeks). Let me go see if I can find it again.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• This is OP...Thanks Dawn I was just reading the same article on baby center, lol and the article pretty much says the same thing..dont go over 10000 iu of preformed vit A which my vit pnly have 2000iu..so I guess I am just getting more and more confused about why he said my vitamins have way too much in it?
    Anonymous