Potty Training

My son Adonis is 2 years old, he is very well spoken , alert , etc....he chooses not to go potty, he told me himself," mommy change my booty", my husband takes him to the restroom everytime he goes, its' not working, and he is a taller than average 2 year old (in a 4t), I'm feeling quite uncomfortable, he's my baby but he is getting too big to get his bottom changed.could someone give me some advice?

Mickii

Asked by Mickii at 9:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter was foing the same type of thing....only she is 3. the best advice i got and what worked was to let her choose. tell him he can be a baby if he wants and put a diaper on if he chooses baby, but if he wants to be a big boy he needs to wear underwear and use the potty. i started this with my daughter 3 weeks ago and she hasnt had but 3 accidents since. o have been potty training for 1 full year and we just got her all the way potty trained.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have a 5 year old and an almost 3 year old who were both potty trained by the time they were about 26 months old and I can tell you what I did that worked for both of them. Basically, you just have to stick him in underwear and let him tee-tee or poo-poo in them. The first couple of times he does it, change it as soon as it happens, but tell him that next time he's going to have to sit in it for a few minutes, then stick to that. Obviously don't let him sit in it long enough to give him a rash or anything, but just a few minutes so he can feel really gross. Once I did that with both of mine, they never wanted to go in their pants again. I'm not saying they never had another accident, but they were mostly potty trained from that point on.
    DevinAnnesmom

Answer by DevinAnnesmom at 2:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2010