Dilation

how far dilated can you be without being in labor and be admitted into the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have know people to walk around 4 cm for a few weeks and not be in labor.
    Anonymous

• it really depends on the person to be honest
    Anonymous

• When I went through this they would not admit me until I was dilated to 4 ...but every hospital is different ...you can try calling and asking your local hospital or where you plan to deliver at.They would be able to tell you I am sure of it. Hope this helps sweetheart and good luck on your new baby!!!
    Anonymous

• You are usually in active labor when you are 3-4 cm. The hospital may admit you then if you are having good regular contractions.

Some mothers want to stay home as long as possible to be in their own environment and so the evil hospital can't do bad things to them.

Your doctor or midwife should have given you written info about when to call him about being in labor and what to look for to be admitted to the hospital.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010