College

Im having a tough time deciding on a major.. I have been looking at Criminal Justice ...its something that I find very interesting and there are a wide range of careers that I can choose from..but its the same with Computer information systems...there are a wide range of careers to choose from and I really enjoy computers I always have..I know the two are very different but im having a very tough time deciding..what should I be looking for in my deciding factors??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the easiest way to decide is to take one or two entry level classes in each category, and then choose which one you like more.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would say to pick the one you are most interested in, and go for a minor in the other. There are always places in the criminal justice field where lots of experience in computer systems is helpful and can help you advance.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree with kristal.... im currently a Criminology major in my last year....its a bit different then the criminal justice degree...as its more in depth research of the causes of crime.

but both are great and i would go with the minor in the one that is less interesting to you.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• There are degrees that combine the two - something like Legal Informatics which is computer study specializing in legal system computer uses. Not a lot of schools offer it yet, but some of the ones that do have classes online. I know Indiana U has some of the classes online at least, and UofM probably does, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• If both interest you, double major or pick the one that will be useful forever! Something with staying power but they both are promising IMO.
    Anonymous

• check career opportunities first

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010