what do you dislike about your inlaws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How much time do you have? I have two kids of my own, ages 20 & 25, my stepsons (her grandsons) are 4 & 5. Do you think she can ever remember I've already raised two kids? Nope! Constantly tells me "what children need", it's not like she's really old and forgetful. Ok, so maybe she's forgetful, but she's only like 4 years older then I am. Yes, my husband is much younger then I am. But that doesn't really bother her, at least she's never said so.

One of the worst things she ever said to me? Right before our wedding, which she tried her best to ruin, was that marrying him would be the worst mistake of my life!! Ok this is her first born we're talking about, wtf is that all about? I think her biggest problem with me is that I'm not scared of her and I don't jump whenever she gives an order. The funniest thing is that we actually get along ok, when she's not trying to be a pain in the rear.
    Anonymous

• She's annoying. She's a really nice lady, but she is extremely annoying at time, lol. That, and she's so big on dieting and is constantly critiquing what my husband eats. She's smarter than to do that with me.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Everything. The only person from my husbands family I get along with is his cousin.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Her ignorance and thinking that she is better than EVERYONE else. Crabass.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I hate that she loves my husbands daughter more than our son.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• she's constantly trying to tell me 'well you should do ____this______ " with DD. She did it when I was pregnant, after I had her.. she still does it and I"m pregnant with #2! Thanks, but I've already done this!!! It's funny tho, cuz she's finally settled down a little and doesn't really tell me what to do anymore.. but my own father does! You'd think he'd remember that I've worked with kids for 10+ years before having my own!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• oh.... the other thing that irks me.. my SO's parents are divorced so this has to do with the OTHER side of the family.
    They make no effort to see my daughter (their granddaughter) and yet they talk about how they're gonna take her to do this that and the other thing.. they never follow through and I think in the 18 mos she's been around they've seen her maybe 8-10 times.. and they live around the corner!! Then they have the audacity to complain about how we don't invite them over.. its been explained a million times that we have pretty much an open door policy, just call and come over! How hard is that??
    Plus his dad is really judgmental and makes me really uncomfortable..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• His Father has a holier than thou attitude and his mother is completely worthless. One of his sisters is just as worthless as him mother and his half sister is hypochondriac that has to have ALL of the attention.
    Anonymous

• ugh whats 2 like my husbands parents divored so its just his daddy and bother and i had to live with them when i was pregnate and they said they were going to take my child from me for unfit mother and they kicked me out but let my husband stay there so they split me and him up 4 a month and now there always ask when am i going to let my son stay with them 4 a freakin week. cause we lived with them a while they think they should have them all the time
    Anonymous

• only time they call is when they have car problems
    Anonymous