How can I get bad man-sweat smell out of my mattress?

This is kind of a strange question, I know. My dh is a very heavy sweater at night and seems like everyday, our mattress smells worse and worse. I've tried everything from baking soda to febreze. I've even used my Kirby to vacuum it out thinking that may help. It just keeps getting worse. I need help, PLEASE!! The smell keeps me awake at night and our whole room smells like it-can't go in there without feeling sick! HELP!!

sallygrl02

Asked by sallygrl02 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• have you tried a carpet cleaner? may sound dumb but we use our lil green bissell thingy on our bed once a month. you wont believe what we get out of it either. yuck. but after it dries it smells good! there like 70-90 bucks tho. but sooo worth it.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Get a new matress and make hubby shower right before he goes to sleep. If he's sweating that much in his sleep, and all the time, he might need to see the doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• AFTER YOU CLEAN YOUR MATTRESS,MAKE SURE TO GET A MATTRESS PROTECTOR SO HIS SWEAT DOESN'T MESS UP YOU MATTRESS AGAIN!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010