How can I lose weight?

I so want to lose weight more than anything. I dont have a car. I have 3 kids. I have no postive vibes around here. My family makes me feel awful about me being over weight. I really dont have any friends around here either. So what can I do? Im game for any suggestions. Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• I am in the same boat you are with the weight. UGH. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of answers you get. I know I did join a group called "Why Weight?" here on Cafemom. I am hoping that will help.
    FireyMamacita

Answer by FireyMamacita at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• ohh me to so im taking phenedrines my sil gives me and i have to force my self to eat! i know all about the gaining weight after blah blah but im desperate to get back into my size 5! so phenedrines and i have ali in there to ,its been a week im eating breakfast and water all day cases im trying to get rid of 30 xtra pounds and 3 kids later 37 years old its not easy!
    taleyu1432

Answer by taleyu1432 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• start wth eating right, no late night eating. i stopped eating at 6 o'clock in the evening and dropped 15 pounds with out working out. i'd say get used to that then maybe ease in some working out. maybe even silly dancing with the kiddos.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 6:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• As I said to someone a little earlier:
    "First and foremost, the biggest part of losing weight and being healthy is actually your eating habits rather than exercise. You can't always trust the information you get from personal trainers as their number one priority isn't you getting fit...it's you paying them to work with you (which is mostly for the exercise!). Fitness and losing weight is 80% diet, 10% genetics, and 10% exercise. As long as you can eat the right combinations of food, exercise is a moot point. I'm not saying don't exercise, but if you truly lack the motivation then I would first start with your eating habits first. Then you can move on to simple activities such as walking, rather than hitting the gym. If you want any other information feel free to contact me, nutrition and fitness are my passions <3"
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Have you tried 'Sparkpeople.com'? This is a free site and a lot of women have lost a lot of weight using their encouragement and ideas. Might give it a try. If you're more than 100 lbs overweight send me an e-mail. We'll talk.
    Quoiky

Answer by Quoiky at 7:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Try MyAlli.com it is awesome. Even if you don't use the pills the website is worth the first starter kit. It's about 50.00 to start if you buy it at Walmart.The best part is the menu of food it is all the foods you choose. You plug the info into the food log it tells you if you are eating to much or to little. Down the the salt, sugar, carbs, everything. Check it out. I have to say out of all the diets I have tried. This is the best because, it is not a diet. It is a life style. You just eat the right foods that is it. I now can't even eat half the junk I used to. It makes me sick to eat it. My body craves all the good foods. My kids love it too. Try it. You will like it. I will help you if you need it. Just ask. I am here for you.
    maamaabear

Answer by maamaabear at 7:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Can you sign up for Weight Watchers online? There is also alot of groups here on cafemom. I was SO against trying WW. I have fought my mom on it for four years. So I gave in and tried it and I am on my 3rd week and lost 8 lbs already.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I've lost 24 lbs since March 3rd. My husband came home with this book called the TNT Diet. I did a lot of research and it appears to be healthy. You can read more about it at www.menshealth.com/tnt. I hope this helps. I've struggled myself and this was pretty easy besides sugar withdrawl for a few days. You can actually eat a lot of food on this diet. It still amazes me that I've lost so much. I actually disagree that it's called a diet because it's really a change of lifestyle. Let me know if you decide to try it. :)
    punkypoo1988

Answer by punkypoo1988 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008