So what creeps you out...

about basements? Most everyone gets creeped out by them for one reason or another..

alinker

Asked by alinker at 10:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love basements actually
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I love basements with old stuff in them, that I can go through and find treasures...
    Anonymous

• I like NICE basements.

But we looked at this house one time with our real estate guy. Possibly for us to fix up into a rental. Well...the key that opened the front door was a SKELETON key...no joke....if that gives you any idea how old and nasty the house was.

The basement was down some super steep steps and was super dark. I wouldnt even go down there. Hubby and real estate guy went...said there was some old mattresses on the floor and a wheelchair in the corner.

WE LEFT....no way!!!!! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• when I was a kid, my mom used to chase me up the basement stairs (playfully). It didnt scare me at all. But I guess it had some repressed affect on me, because as I got older I used to skip steps to get upstairs faster in fear something was going to grab my feet. I am still this way, not just with basements, but being the last to leave a room at night. If I have to turn off the lights behind me I flip the switch and run like the wind to the room i'm heading to and I panic! if someone is with me, like in the same room with me I'm fine. SO makes fun of me all the time but I dont find it funny at all when i'm in that moment.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• bugs, and in unfinished ones its the wost. ugg that basement smell you know that mildewy smell.....but yeah bug I have HUGE bug thing
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• agree 100 percent with Earth mama.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'm in my basement right now. It's finished and does not stink. It smelled like cat piss when we first moved in, but if anything creeps me out about it, I would have to say spiders. Those are the only bugs I have seen down here and they are horrible in the summer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The smell...uggg...
    Our basement sucks. There is something wrong with the ceiling in our basement because our bedroom smells just like it. I have no clue what S/O did to the house fixture.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• As long as they have a high enough ceiling, no spiders in the rafters, no moisture to attract bugs and mice, then I'm fine with a basement. Oh, it has to have plenty of light, too....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010