Daughter humping or something

My daughter is 21 months and has started not humping but like putting pressure towards her vagina, Doing this only on the ends of the bed and shopping carts. Is this normal? Its really hard to explain on what she is doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal. It feels good to her.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• OMG.... YES IT'S TOTALLY NORMAL. You are only the 1 millionth person to ask this silly question. Of course it's normal. Do you think God leaves the feelings of genitalia off until humans reach a certain age? Hell No. It's just up to the child when they discover it. If you make a big deal out of it, that's just sick and twisted. Just explain to her that she needs to do that in private.
    Anonymous

• Its normal. Every child discovers that those "parts" give a pleasurable feeling when stimulated. Even at this young of an age. Try to tell her not to do it in front of anybody, that this is a private thing. Don't scold her or she may feel like it is a bad thing and it can cause problems in the long run. When she begins to do it in public, try to distract her with something else. If you have any more concerns, bring it up with her pediatrition.
    Anonymous

• It's normal for her. Nothing weird, lol. My daughter does it too, and she's about 3 yrs. She does it, tho, because she doesn't like to go poo, so she goes around the house relieving the pressure, trying to hold it in. But my daughter has to take meds occasionally for that :o( So yea, we just tell her not to do that in public because it looks silly to other people.
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 10:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I suppose it might be normal but I never saw my daughters do it and it didn't even occur to me. This question has been discussed too many times. Children humping is not my favorite topic,actually.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:09 - Then why answer?
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I am the poster... Thank you for your answers. I thought it was something new and a new feeling to her.. We have been distracting her and she seems to be not doing it so much... Thank you again
    Anonymous