I HATE MY OB! (vent)

Ok so I had an ultrasound, it showed I was at 13 weeks 4 days (I'm 15weeks 4days now) Last appointment, I swear he didn't even look at the report, he had me lay down and pressed on my abdomen to find my uterus and asked me how far along I thought I was.. I told him that according to my ultrasound (measurements and what the tech initially thought)---- "No I'm not asking about your ultrasound, I'm asking how far along you think you are." I told him 14 and a half weeks (which I was at the time) and he said, "No, you're 12 weeks!" Then when he used the doppler he put it in one place and said "do you hear that?" I said yes and he said, "that's your baby's heart rate.. I'll see you in a month." What I heard on the doppler was my amniotic fluid and MY heartbeat.. I know the difference!!! UGH thankfully I only have one more appointment before I move out of state but GOSH! (I'm on public aid and this is the only OB that was available:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call public aid. see if there is an alternative they can suggest. sometimes if you call them and tell them how horrible the dr is and uncomfortable you are they can make other arrrangments
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• That's a bummer. I'm sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i had a similar doctor once like you just described. and i got rid of him real quick . he was a quack!
    Anonymous

• I don't know about hearing fluid-- I have heard my placenta, though.
    But palpating is great for an experienced pair of hands, it's normal for what I know.
    Do you know when you conceived for sure?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2010