What do you think of this name?

I am due in two months with a little girl and we have finally decided on a name. We want to name her Abrianna (AUBRY-AH-NA) but my family says its too confusing because of the spelling. We personally like the spelling better without adding a U. Do you think this is a pretty name? What about the spelling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mm i d k i would add the u but thats me.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• btw i think its a cute name.
    sandraberke

• I think its pretty...and I am sure she will be able to spell it one day...;)

My dd's name is Madilyn and she is having trouble learning to write, so now I feel bad and wish we would have named her Ann or something easy for her to write...lol

She will get it one day... ;)
    Anonymous

• Before reading your intended pronunciation I read it as A-bree-ahna. I like the spelling with the U, but then I like the name Aubry.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think it's a very pretty name.

Though to be honest without the "U" when I first read it, I pronounced it to myself "A-brianna."
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think if you need to tell ppl how its pronounced, then it needs to be changed..(add the U)...i do think its a pretty name tho
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, add the U. Without it, no one will ever pronounce it correctly.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I love it but I would add the u, too.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Here's the thing, I was born with not so common name that hardly anybody even to this day can read and pronounce (it's German). I grew up telling people over and over how to say my name, getting my feelings hurt when people would still mess it up after corrected. As a child I hated it and never could understand why my mom gave me this name while giving my brothers more common names. Now as an adult I could care less at the mispronouncing of my name, in fact most of the time I never notice. I cannot picture having any other name and have learned to respect and define it as a part of who I am. I have four children three of whom have common names spelled slightly differently; so far each love their names but even if they didn't it is who they are and they'll learn to grow with it.

I guess what I'm saying is name your baby as you see fit; she will learn to grow and love it and make it hers.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• how about spelling it Aubry Anna?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2010