How much do you pay your babysitter per hour?

I am planning on having a babysitter who is an adult and has her own transportation watch my children for me. As it has been several years since I have hired a babysitter, I am wondering what other mommies pay their sitters per hour? Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I pay the nanny $11/hr. If I could afford more it would be 13 and up. I live in the L.A. Area so everything is pricey here so u can almost consider what I'm paying my nanny too little. You should definitely have a good and honest talk with your nanny about what she needs to be happy and if it doesn't agree with you then you'll have to continue looking. GL!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 10:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I pay $11-12 and more if it's a special night. I'm in Seattle. College students.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• $10 to 15 dollars an hour. Good luck.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Wow! I'm a cheap ass! I pay $5/hr for a 9-year-old and a 3-year-old. However, it does depend on where you live. We in in an area that is low cost living.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Washington state I pay 5 an hour maybe thats low but pretty standard around here, though it depents how many kids you have
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have worked in childcare/babysitting for years. As babysitters it usually goes $2.50 an hour per child. If there were more than 3 children I would only charge $5 an hour though.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 12:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My adult neighbor charged me $2.50 an hour per child. The day care centers here charge about $5 an hour.
    We're in Utah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I pay $2 an hour for my daycare provider. (I'm in Kansas)
    If I need someone to watch my son during the day (sick or can't go to daycare for whatever reason) its the same. If I need a sitter for a night out on the town(which rarely happens) its typically about $3 an hour, depending on if I put him to bed before I left or not.
    smgreen4744

Answer by smgreen4744 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I live in utah too and was tol.d by a daycare $2.50 an hour per kid
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2010