does anyone experience going to Grand Canyon?

i am thinking on going to grand canyon for vacation, any tips

jjfaraon

Asked by jjfaraon at 10:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Travel

• Yea, I've been there a couple of times. It's really scenic, but there isn't much to do in the area and when we went as children we got bored after like 15 minutes, lol. However, you take donkey rides down into it a bit, and you can take helicopter rides to the bottom. I probably wouldn't do any of that if I had young children with me though.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• With kids be careful on the north side (i think that is the more rural side...). When we went we took this trail that was BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean it was so neat. You were so close.... When we went to bed that night my mom and I thought about how that probably wasn't the safest trail....there were spots where had we taken the wrong step....bye bye....

Otherwise it was great. We actually liked the more rural side better. We got to stay in a little cabin and it wasn't as busy and crowded and touristy. Although on the south side i think is where the mule ride was at. We road mules down to the bottom and then back up. you can do a camping one, but we didnt do that one. It was pretty neat. Although not something good for young ones. There probably was an age restriction, but i am not sure.

We flew into Las Vegas and drove to the Grand Canyon and then drove back and flew out of the Las Vegas. We got to see a lot of neat sites...
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• is this month ok to go there? i know it's cold but just a thought? thanks
    jjfaraon

Answer by jjfaraon at 11:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Don't fall in!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You really need to plan ahead, especially if you want to go to the south rim - it is frequented way more and the lodging within the park books up to a year ahead. We loved the Grand Canyon. We went in June and it was already quite hot during the day. But they also have a "star party" which is a lot of fun. The best information on the park itself is on nps.gov We staying in Williams, AZ, which was a little over an hour away. For the north rim there is Kanab, UT, Tuba City and Paige, AZ which are also at least an hour from the park, but not an unreasonable drive away.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010