Is it for real?

A friend of mine is pregnant. She said she found out at 4 weeks. Because she was having food cravings and sore boobs. now she is 5-6 weeks and is "crying" all the time, craving food, "has a bump".

call me crazy but isn't 4 weeks kinda early to tell? and the syptoms aren't they a bit early, I mean 4-6 weeks. Isn't that at the point when you can just get a positive reading?

IDK It just seams like she is making things up for attention. I am fully supportive of her and the baby, but it still seams like she's making things up for attention. I remember getting those sypmtoms later in my preganacys

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• does sound odd. most women are barely finding out righ about now much less any extreme symptoms. and a bump?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• SHE may well be making it up for attention - but I was sick and puking my guts up from WAAY early. I found out at about 5 weeks and had been puking for 2 before that - I thought I had the flu LOL
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I found out at 4 weeks but I never had any symptoms other than sore breasts until about 8 weeks.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• -OP-

I confronted her about this, since it's her first. And in a nice way, sayin g I know your excited and all but your not believable, expeciall to ppl that have had babies. Her reply was "well my mother said it can happen" IDK I have notice since she has started with all this a lot of our friends that are moms have stopped talking her. It just seams so un real. She was also the girl in high school that was "preggy" and then "miscarried the week after. So I have a hard time believing it.
    Anonymous

• well, my mom woke up one morning and wanted a PB&J, which she only had ever liked while pregnant with my brother...went to the calendar and counted (catholic, NFP) and sure enough she had had sex about a week and a half before while ovulating. She "knew" at that point and sure enough, here I am.
    Anonymous

• i never had any symptoms the whole time, except at about 6 months i started showing with both my babies. i say that it is hard to believe, but i guess not impossible. you have to make the decision on how to react. if you want to remain friends just nod your head and be supportive. if you cant handle it... then i would say just try to ignore her and slowly let the friendship fade. good luck.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• -OP-

she calmed down a bit then her non mother friends fed into it and it's starting all over agian.
    Anonymous

• I don't know your friend but I have a friend who was like this. We're pregnant at the same time, I'm about two weeks farther along. Although I did have slightly sore boobs and a positive pregnancy test at around 4 weeks...the bump is what throws me. My friend said she was sick from about the time she conceived and has had a belly the size mine is now (24 weeks as of Sunday) since she was like six weeks along. I did see her belly and it's large...but my guess is it was big anyway and she now sports it as if it's all baby. The difference is, she REALLY wants a baby and I think she's just excited. And the mind can be pretty powerful. I've had "symptoms" plenty of times I thought I was pregnant but wasn't. I guess since you know her better than us, you know if she's just super excited and putting ideas in her own head or making it up on purpose. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Call me crazy but I had my period Dec. 26, 2008, got pregnant January 9th and then on January 14th I started getting sore boobs, tired, hungry like crazy. Got a positive test on the 19th and it was confirmed on the 21st by my doctor. I was 3 weeks, 8 days before my missed period. I started getting morning sickness at 4-5 weeks.
    I only took a pregnancy test because people kept telling me too. I didn't even think I was pregnant.
    So, I am a strong believer in VERY early symptoms but your friends situation does sound odd.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Either she's farther along than she thinks or she's a total faker. Sadly some people that aren't stable can convince themselves that they are pregnant and their minds manifest symptoms. Till you see proof she is I would just observe and not go buying baby shower gifts just yet....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010