Any workout advice?

I am 9 weeks pregnant, and wondering what i can start doing now other than the basics of " walking and stretching" to keep myself in shape before i start showing. I am only 5'1" and 110 pounds, so any weight that i gain will show. Any suggestions? Diets? Workout Videos?

jennishallis

Asked by jennishallis at 11:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Swimming
    Anonymous

• There are some really good yoga videos out for pregnant women.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i did yoga, swimming, walking, elliptical, and weight lifting. i ate all whole wheat breads, pastas, & pancakes - fruit & veggies, mozzerella cheeses, and lots of protein like chicken & turkey.& i drank lots of water & OJ.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Long walks, swimming, yoga, Keagles (Tightening and loosening your vaginal muscles. Do it multiple times a day for a few minutets at a time), Squats. (Helps open your pelvic area and stretches the lower muscles used in child birth) .. Weight lifting isn't suggested. That can cause too much strain on your body, especially if you weren't doing it before you got pregnant.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• im a very active person myself my doc told me dont change anything in your rutuin, i even ran a 5k when i was 10weeks. he said ull no when it gets to be to much and he was rite i knew when it was time to cut back and relax, around 26weeks i really started to not lift and just stuck to walking
    Anonymous

• I did Kathy Smith pregnancy aerobics; you should be able to find a dvd at the library

Answer by rkoloms at 3:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010