Who has an unemployed DH/SO and is a sahm? Or has your DH/SO been layed off in the past? Please give me advice!!!

My husband is a seasonal worker. Right now he isn't working until the snow melts.
He is driving me flipping crazy!!!!! He will not lift a finger or help out. He just kicks back in the recliner all day, come around dinner he puts in a reqeust for dinner and gets pissy because he isn't getting what he wanted! he can't use a computer so he will ask me to go to craigs list so he can look at junk or he wants to go to the DNR website and look up lake info....it's all about him!! and there is no telling him how I feel because it will just make him pissy.
He is not depressed.....he is just flipping lazy and I get sooo...IRRITATED!! doing everything around here, it's like he's a statue or something...then fridays he takes off for the weekend to go do whatever he wants...when the taxes get put onto the H&R block card I feel like taking it and leaving!!!!!!!!!!
How do I make it through another lay off? with loosing it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• you are not alone!!! my husband is disabled and I take care of the kids and house. I know exactly how you feel!!! sorry I don't have much advise for you though.
    Anonymous

• YOU get a J-O-B
    Anonymous

• You are going to have to kindly explain to him ow you feel. Things won't get any better without that first step!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• ha ha....i don't know about kindly explaining how you feel. i would just keep asking and making a point that he can help out too. I don't let my SO just sit around. I mean he does more than i would like, but he does help too. Sometimes though when I get in the right mood and feel like he is just stuck on his butt and isn't being helpful even with hints...I will just stop. i will sit with him and relax. I will let the dishes build up or laundry build up until he gets off his butt and then I will start helping to clean it up too. its funny because you can tell he is annoyed that i am not doing "my job" as i am sure he thinks of it, but I am sitting there thinking that the house and our children are both of our jobs!

good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I do similar to what aly does :D
    "mommy strike" as I call it
    Anonymous

• You can only be treated this way if you allow it. stop allowing it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I know it's a bit late for you, but women need to be pickier about who they marry.
    Anonymous

• op..here......I did let everything go for a few days and made a point to be "a pig"....I couldn't take it anymore and HAD to clean!
    He is so bad that his tooth hurts but he won't make himself an appt. because they might schedule the appt on a good ice fishing day.

When do I get a break!!!!
    Anonymous

• You'll get a break when you get up in the morning and make a list of the day's chores and say to him "Here's everything that needs doing today. Which half of the list do you want?" Then, you stick to your guns, no whining, and if he starts whining you look at him as if he's just grown a third arm and say "It's daily chores, not building a time machine out of DeLorean, just grab a mop!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Anon:24 is right on! HA HA HA HA HA
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010