What sacrifices did you make when you had child(ren)?

As parents we often have to give up alot when we have children, What did you have to give up or sacrifice and how do you feel about it now. Was it worth it?

kenywoodsmom08

Asked by kenywoodsmom08 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my youth & my freedom. was it worth it, yes, but im not gonna lie - i wish i would of waited until i was older. if i could go back in time and have my same exact son as i have now, in 5 years, i would do it but if he would be any different, i wouldnt.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• and thats not just for me - its for him too. he deserves a mom who was ready for him, and has more patience and experience, and a stable career and relationship & etc. - and i try my hardest, but im not as capable of that as i think i would be in 5 yrs.
    PURPULbutterfly

• I put myself on the back burner. Perfect example today I bought her things at walmart and I need things myself.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Time alone. I haven't had any time to myself since Thanksgiving, and that was because I sent my hubby with the baby to the in-laws. It sure was nice! Also, more than 2 hours of sleep at a time! Is it worth it? Absolutely. I wouldn't trade my little boy for anything.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'd have to say my job and college. It isn't directly because of my DD, I was so sick during my pregnancy my doctor was worried and wouldn't let me do much. I planned on returning back to work & college after I had her but I have an injury to my spine from my epidural so my financial future is still on hold.
    Like my2kids312 said, I put myself on the back burner and buy things she needs before I buy what I need. I have absolutely no problem with that.
    I do think it is worth it. I have a healthy beautiful daughter, that's all I could ask for.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• sleep...alone time..quiet household..doing what i want whenever i want to do it..
    but i wouldn't change my life for the world!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• sleep
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Sleep when they were newborns I had to feed them. After a few months though it was good. I sacraficed staying home because I feel it's the best thing to do given that I had a choice. I can't think of anything else. I was ready to have kids and it happened right on time.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I ddefinitely sacrificed my freedom (don't we all...?). I was only 22 when I had my son, and I was in college, so I was still in that frame of mind that everything was about friends and school and having fun. Having my son absolutely changed that. I had to get used to being at home - before I got pregnant I was out every night - and that was REALLY hard, at first. I hated "missing out" on things my friends were doing, and hated that I felt so different from them all, now that I had responsibilities to tend to. But, as PPs said, I wouldn't change it for anything now. I feel so much more stable and accomplished than most of the people I used to call friends. Most of them are still doing the same things they were doing years ago, and now I am a college graduate, married, and about to buy my first home! In a way, I have more freedom now than they do, because I feel secure in myself, and they are still searching for that.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• lets see here....i sacrificed my education to stay home with the baby, bc i am in my last semester which requires an intership...so i have to wait for that until i can afford to work for free and have daycare! i also gave up any free time, being a sahm i have to tend to my 2 kids and hubby who all act like the earth would cave if i wasnt here, friends, money/clothes/shoes/manicures/pedicures....u name it i was used to working full time and having money for frilly things is it worth it...yes i love my little family although i do wish that i got some days off here and there!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2010