Breastfeeding

My daughter is 10 months old now and has 2 teeth Ouch! Does anyone have any tips on how to wean her off the breast? She just wont take a bottle!!!! No matter what I do she just wont take it and I have to wean her off like right now...lol

angelmotherof3

Asked by angelmotherof3 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Health

• is she biting? u can fix that, no reason to wean
    Anonymous

• If this is a biting thing... My little guy was biting too but we got through it. I had been doing the stern no and placing him on the floor than walking away. I thought I was doing it the right way but I wasn't, he keep biting. In tears I called my mom (who nursed 6 kids) she said I needed to do it differently. She said to make sure to do the no walk away thing EVERY time he bites. I sometimes didn't if he was almost asleep. And don't let the baby see your face when you say no and walk away. Your baby is looking at you for reassurance and to see if they can get away with what they did. After the walk away give it a little time then go back and make up. You can even try nursing again. But if baby bites again that's it for that feeding. My little guy had to learn to fall asleep with rocking not nursing. My mom said it would all be better in a couple sessions. He actually took 2 days. But we did it!
    Anonymous

• No, it's actually not ALL biting, I have lost alot of milk, she has clubbed foot (and has to wear shoes with a bar in between) so she wakes up LITERALLY 10 times a night. I think it's halfway because she's uncomfortable and halfway because I have lost some milk and shes not getting satisfied. When she DOES take a bottle and drinks the whole thing she sleeps longer. I just HAVE to start getting some sleep, I work 50 hours a week, i'm a single mom, and have 2 other kids. So i just need to get her on the bottle. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
    angelmotherof3

Answer by angelmotherof3 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010