questions for the pulmonologist

I have a list of questions for the pulomonologist appointment tomorrow with my 13 week old but am open to any suggestions you may have for more questions.

Here's a brief summary of my LO's history. At about 8 weeks old my baby had an ALTE (apparent life threatening event) due to acid reflux where we had to call 911 and he was admitted to the hospital for tests and observation. While in the hospital he caught RSV and was later admitted 2 more times to the hospital after we took him to the ER for respiratory problems. His pediatrician put him on an apnea / heart rate home monitor so we can see if there is anything else going on. His alarm has been going off showing apnic episodes. I know it's somewhat normal for a baby to have apnic episodes but the pediatrician was a bit surprised by the large amount of times the alarm goes off. He's pretty conservative and wants us to consult with a pulmonologist as a precautionary.

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through the exact same thing.. and it ended up NOT being acid reflux. We also went through the RSV, but but no monitors at home, though for 2 months day he was born since the I sat up every damn night and watched him to make sure he kept breathing....

FINALLY I took my doulas advice and sought out a great child chiropracter. After 4 treatments my son was breathing normally, no 'acid reflux' issues, etc etc.... congestion and apnea.. gone.

PM me if you want to talk more.

VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 12:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010