What do I do if I become "bored"

So I enjoy being with my BF and everything but iv become bored. It seems like we do the same thing day in and day out..every day. I know usually thats what marriage is like so If i ever want to be married I better get used to it right? Well I dont know..weve been dating for 2 years and I feel like something should happen. Like im tired of going over to his parents house and him coming to mine. I want a house of our own but everytime we talk about it all he says is "Now isnt the time" It seems like it will never become the "time". Help..Iv become bored and I dont want to be

LovingZachary09

Asked by LovingZachary09 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, marriage isnt boring.. people are. You need to get creative. You dont live together... why??? Is he not really wanting something as serious as you? I think there are bigger issues here.

And if you are bored , then you arent enjoying your time with him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i agree with the first post, my bf and i were together for a year before we decided that we wanted to live together. at first he was all for it, then weeks before we we to move he started getting cold feet, he didnt know if he wanted to leave his grandmother bc she might need him etc, but i told him, i was ready to move on with or without him, i told him that i was ready for a next step in my life, getting out of my moms house was just that and i was going to do it either way. he soon forgot all his worries and packed his stuff cuz he wanted to be with me more than without me, and i would ask yours just that. also we have been together almost 4 yrs now, and yes it gets dull for a moment, but u come back around...and for the dull moments invest in a good bullet and a membership at myfreepaysite.com lmao!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• He lvies with his parents?!??!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I honestly think HE is not ready for that kind of commitment. So either you will have to wait for him to be or move on. It's the hard and sad truth... but it is what it is.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I wonder if you are not so much bored, but tired of having to listen to parents rules while in this relationship. You said that you are tired of having to go to his house and vice versa and you want to get a house of your own.  You need to remember that a house is a huge responsibility and takes money.  If neither one of you are bringing in good money, he is right.  You are not ready to go on your own.  There is nothing worse than signing a year long lease and then being kicked out because some one lost their job or is not making enough money as it is.  Please be patient.  Things will come in their own time.  And you need to start planning fun activities for you to do.  They don't have to cost anything, a picnic in the park, rent a movie, game night.  Anything will do. 

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I don't think yhou should settle down with a man that can't live on his own first. If he doesn't want to live with you for whatever reason that is your cue to move on. When a man wants you there is no questioning it.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I've been married 45 years and have never been bored a day in my life. I think perhaps the reason you are bored is that you don't know what you want in a man. That's the very first thing you should decide. Think about the character traits that you want in a husband and then wait for that kind of man to come looking for a wife. Physical attraction will wane pretty quickly if that's the only basis you have for a relationship. A lasting marriage must be based on the deeper qualities of a man. My suggestion would be you break up with this guy and not see anyone for a while. Use that time to seriously consider what you want. Then when a guy comes along whom you think meets your qualifcations, really get to know him as a person. Watch how he treats others, his work ethic, look for addictions, and don't have sex with him, because once you do, your vision becomes cloudy and you will not see the flaws in his character.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• you go over to each other's places, sounds like yu live with the parents- how old are you? could that be why 'now isn't the time' for your own place?
    I'm in my 30s and if I was seeing a guy that never took me out, and we just kept going to parents places I'd question if he was married or with someone else.
    either way, if he doesn't want to go out in public, then I'd say something is wrong- either keeping you a secret or he's already taken. happens all the time-
    might want to do a little enquiring-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think that a man who doesn't live on his own is not a man at all.

If you want to do something different then do it. Stop waiting for him to make your life exciting. Do it yourself.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you are bored now, living with him will be worse.
    Anonymous