Worried about my 11 month old not standing on her own-should I be?

Hi out there! I want, I guess, to be reassured that my 11 month old dd is ok. She is awesome, a little bit of a smart-donkey (she gets it from her father ;) ) and is otherwise normal. She pulls up to a stand, cruises around furniture just great, and climbs up the stairs faster than greased lightning. HOWEVER, she will NOT stand or walk while holding on to us or if I set her to stand. Her legs immediately buckle and she'll scream bloody murder. Her legs will buckle and off she speed crawls to get away from mean mommy. She will walk when pushing her shopping cart. But she will not stand on her own even for a second. Should I take her in to her ped? Is something wrong? Uggh.. i hate worrying.

momvswild

Asked by momvswild at 12:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing is wrong.... she will get it on her own, when she is ready.
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 12:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My son did that until about 16 months. I knew he could stand because he'd regularly wiley coyote himself when cruising (he'd just take off from the table for a few steps, stop dead, look at me and crash to the ground). I imagine if she's doing everything else, she's probably got it down and doesn't feel like telling you yet. Just give her more time and wait to see what happens. It doesn't sound to me like anything's wrong with her.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• All kids stand and walk at their own pace, My nephew stood on his own at 13 months as did my cousins child. If you are really worried take your DD to her doctor but I realy don't think you have anything to worry about. Especially since she is standing with the aid of objects in the house.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• don't worry at all! they will walk when they are ready! i had one walk at 12 mos, one at 14 mos, one at 15 or 16 mos, and another at 18 mos!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 10, 2010