I fell in the drug store today while holding a shopping basket AND my 19 month old!

I was so embarrassed. All the shopping carts were taken, so I chose to carry my 19 month old through the store (to avoid her grabbing stuff off the shelves). Well, I bent down to pick something up, and when I tried to stand again, my knees gave way and I fell! Thankfully, my daughter was ok, but it was very embarrassing.

Has anything THIS embarrassing ever happened to you while you were with your child in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my youngest was still a baby in his carseat, I was trying to juggle him, and his 2 year old brother in and out of a dressing room to try on some clothes. Well I needed to put him down so I could rearrange the clothes and grab hold of his brother, and I missed the bench seat and he fell to the floor (he was strapped into his carseat, and wasn't hurt, just shook up a bit). Of course he cried for a good ten minutes after that (even with me holding him now) and my 2 year old was in the cart saying over and over, "You dropped him mommy! He's scared because you dropped him!" I had to finish my shopping, and was so embarrassed every time he said it. Needless to say, trying on clothes is now reserved for when I am child-free at the store.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No, but I am glad you are OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• honey did u not see the latest ep of supernanny? the mom has her 3 kids one in arm 2 around legs walking from the beach to the car and she turns and trips over uneven pavement and her and the kid landed on the ground....it was funny as hell. the kid was fine but it sure was funny! the best part was that her hubby didnt even try to come help her lol! dont feel bad im just glad u and the kid r ok too.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2010