For those who've had a c section and a vbac...

I had to have a c section for my 2nd child (breech baby). I have had a successful vbac already with my 3rd. I am due next month with my 4th and plan to have another vbac, but I keep feeling an aching pain where my scar is, I don't remember that with my last pregnancy, but it could just be that I don't remember it. Is that normal?

momov4kids

Asked by momov4kids at 12:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry for not being more clear, the pain is in my lower abdomen, approximately where the c section scar is. The scar tissue itself does not hurt. I am concerned that it may be my uterine scar.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 4:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I had that. I would just get it looked at.. but I hear that is very common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would just ask the OBGYN and see what they say. I had emergency csection with my first because the cord was around his neck, then went on to have 2 vbac after that. They considered my 2nd vback slightly higher risk, though I'm not sure why, so I would ask and see.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Scar tissue or just nerves that lay on the stretching points of the old incision, they are tightening from the pulling and stretching of the abdominal area. Sure it will hurt especially now at the later end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes I agree with Anonymous. I had 3 c sections. It could just be adhesion's(scar tissue) . but still ask your doctor to make sure. When I had my last c section I had a pain near my scar and it was my son pressing on my lower abdomen. when they did the ultrasound everything was fine, he was over 9lbs and needed room. Good luck.
    Janet205

Answer by Janet205 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i dont no if my answer is much help, my scar hurts from time to time and im not even preg ,
    Anonymous