Not sure why..

I get cold sores sometimes and on the spot where I get it, I have been getting little teeny tiny pimples on that spot on my lip, like once a week it seems like...but they only last 24 hours, and then they go away....what causes this..could it be because im constantly putting on chapstick to prevent my lips from being chapped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• NO it is not from using chapstick. Some people get cold sores worse than others. I have had my fair share of them. The white bumps ARE the cold sore. Those stubborn bastards can stay for weeks or months. My advice...DO NOT PICK AT IT. It will only stay longer. I never found anything to work for them but if you can realize at the beginning of getting one to use a cold sore medicine like abreva. I found a site for home remidies you can try..

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Cold-Sores.html

www.health911.com/remedies/rem_coldso.htm
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Hi there, I have just had my first cold sore in several years (got very run down health wise) as soon as you feel a tingle or itch, try holding an icecube or icepack on the spot. I do it everytime I feel the tingle. This has kept my cold sores at bay many times. The cold sore virus lives dormant in an infected person and rears its ugly head when you are tired out or stressed.
    Good luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2010