What's a good age of children that I should watch?

I have an 18 month old and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I want to quit my part time job and start babysitting from my house again. What do you think is the best age group of children I should watch? I really don't want to watch infants. I can do 12 months and up. I just couldn't handle 2 infants at once lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe two and a half to three.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You might want to check with your local DSHS to see what the laws are for babysitting on a regular basis without being licensed. Just letting you know because nobody told me about it and when I advertised to babysit I got a call from them saying that I had to take down my ad and if they found out I was watching a child for more than 10 hours per week in my home, I would be fined up to I think $500 (it's been a while) because that was the law where I was.

To answer your original question, I have the most fun with ages 3-6. They are old enough to listen and to know what they are supposed to do, they're still at an age where active play and imagination are what they want, and it's so fun to do things like making crafts with them because they love to make things to give their moms/dads/grandparents etc. I also watch a 18 month old and he's a lot more difficult because he's into everything, doesn't listen, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2010