infant sleeping with a blanket

So my daughter is 11 months old and always sleeps on her belly. She can roll over of course but I have never seen her do it while sleeping. At nap time we use blankets on her because we can see her, but I am scared to use one at night. I want to though because we have a very cold house and I feel that her jammies do not keep her warm enough. How old were your children when you started using a blanket at night? What did you use? Did you feel safe?

MsMallory09

Asked by MsMallory09 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used a blanket with my son. I don't think they are going to suffocate just from a blanket. Your daughter is old enough to wiggle her way out of it.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i honestly think i have always used blankets on both of my kids. their room is incredibly cold during the winter.. so they def need them.. but when they were smaller, they were in our room, so we could watch them and what not. as long as its not like a heavy comforter of your own bed or something crazy, or if your daughter doesnt move about a lot when she sleeps, i dont see it as a problem, especially since she is almost a year old! try and get the footed jammies that are really really soft when you touch them.. they get sooo warm in them. good luck!!!!
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• 11 mos. is old enough. Pretty much as long as they can roll over and such, you can use blankets. We have had a blanket and pillow in her crib since about 5 mos.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2010