Ever heard of breastfeeding again after stopping?

My daughter is now going to be 9 months old and i havent breastfed since she was 1 months old because i dried up... i want to at least pump but i dont know how to get the milk flowing again.... any tips?

baby_gabby2009

Asked by baby_gabby2009 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• I started breastfeeding my son after I'd stopped but I was still lactating.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes this can definitely be done. Women who adopt babies and have never given birth can breastfeed. In Australia we have the Australian Breatfeeding Association, with councellors and heaps of info, there would have to be something similar where you are. Or google Relactation. Basically you just start massaging the breasts and expressing several times a day. At first there will be hardly anything, but just like when baby was born, demand increase= milk increase and you will be able to build up a supply again.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes get ahold of a la leche league in your area they will work with you on how to do it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010