lotion burns my face :\

i can't afford all those expensive face moisturizers, so i stick with baby lotion. but sometimes it burns my face and i don't understand why. i don't have any cuts or break outs.. so why would it burn sometimes, and other times it doesnt? and any recommendations for cheap moisturizers that work well would be greatly apprectiated as well! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Coco butter works great, about $4.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 1:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Try coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I sometimes use Jergens Ultra Healing when Im out of my Mary Kay.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• One reason could be because baby lotion is not really meant for facial skin. The facial skin as well as the skin on the neck are extremely delicate areas of skin and the application of a true facial moisturizer should be used both during the day and in the evening. The second reason for the burning could be as simple as you have very sensitive facial skin. And sensitive skin on the face and neck requires a special kind of facial lotion for sensitive skin. The GOOD NEWS FOR YOU is that I CAN HELP YOU figure out exactly what facial lotion would be most beneficial for you without producing the burning sensation AND without costing an arm & a leg. If you would like, I could mail you a few samples of the NEWEST and BEST facial lotions that I sell. At least by using samples you will be able to figure out which one works the best on your face.  My website is www.yourAvon.com/tmondello. Please visit and please REGISTER.

CosmeticsCzar

Answer by CosmeticsCzar at 1:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• go to walgreens and buy walgreens brand "aveeno" works wonders on my face and skin.. and i have super sensative skin.. its made with oatmeal to sooth skin i think for a pump lotion i paid 5 something
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If you have sensitive skin, look for a moisturizer without fragrance. Any fragrance in a lotion - like baby lotions sometimes have - has alcohol in it and that can cause the burning sensation on dry skin.
    jessmered

Answer by jessmered at 3:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My niece has really sensitive skin and skinplicityskin oil-free moisturizer seems to be working for her. She was also experienced some acne and the lotion came as part of her "regimen" recommended by her dermatologist. It's slightly more expensive than your average drug-store variety but her skin really looks great and isn't constantly pink and dry any more. I have since bought a lot of products from skinplicity for my family, and we've really liked them all. It's seems to be high-quality and effective. I bought the Hydrating Moisture Dew, which costs less than my niece's moisturizer, but is also made for sensitive skin and it's absolutely fabulous. You can take a look at them here: http://www.skinplicityskin.com/products?type=3

I have also heard good things about Cetaphil, but haven't personally tried it, I think it's available at the drugstore though. I hope you find something that works for you!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010