what could this be?

my 22month old son's eye has been watering for about 2 weeks and it has a little yellow stuff coming out not red or anything and now its starting to look like he has a black eye or something.. and sometimes he just rubes it .. I dont know if it hurts him or what.. What could this be should i be worried about it? I cant get him into the doctor till march 23rd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son had that and it was a blocked tear duct. Not sure if that's common for that age. But if that's what it is no need to worry just wipe downward and out with a warm damp washcloth.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Well take him somewhere else it sounds like bacterial pink eye, and he needs meds i can effect future vision if not handled quickly.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• sounds like conjunctivitis (eye infection) which needs a cream or eye drops to get rid of.
    got a clinic or urgent care? this isn't something I'd let go for that long!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• take him to an eye dr most can handle that sort of thing i work for a dr in a pearle vision and while they dont normally see 3 year olds we have seen a few for eye infections, now not all dr ca write for drops so call around,. your normal ped might not prescribe the right thing, we have tons of people who come in when whatever there normal dr wrote didnt help. and most eye dr take insurance so it would be just a co pay
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010