What is something you learned from your children?

For example, when my son was two he was fascinated by birds. By the time he was five he had learned every type of bird there was. Now he is 15 and he doesn't still know all of them, but I remember quite a few from learning them with him. Is there anything you learned about that you NEVER knew before you had that child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does patience count? LOL
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• my kids tought me that every mess can be cleaned with the right products
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• that hotwheels cars CAN be flushed down the toilet without major plumbing problems... LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• PATIENCE!!!!! and that the love I feel for my lil one is unlike any love I have ever felt. I never knew I loved him as much as I do until the first time I ever looked into his eyes, it was definitely love at first sight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Never lose your patience in anger and never take them for granted. Think before you speak and don't take your bad mood out on them in any way at all. They will always remember the hard times and the mean words. I still remember my mother being mean to me and making me feel unloved. A child will always love their mother even though the mom isn't always nice.

Don't be afraid to ask for a break. Always tell them you love them and never let them go to bed sad, scared or upset.

Learn from your mistakes and do the best you can to right any wrongs.

Never give up on trying to be a better mom no matter what. You can always do better and improve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• By giving them allowance money for helping around the house and doing chores only teaches them to be greedy, and it teaches them that they can't do nothing for anybody else unless they get paid for it. It creates alot of arguing back and forth between the parent and child over the amount of allowance they get. All in all it just teaches the children to be greedy.
    I found it more helpful to me just to give them an allowance for good behavior, because good behavior to me was more important and their help around the house.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 6:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• One of my daughters took Japanese for 3 years and taught me to say some words. She speaks it beautifully, but not fluently yet.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Farts are funny
    Ducks taste like "ack"
    Ducks are mooches (he really hates ducks)
    Laugh often
    Pretending is fun
    How to slay a dragon
    That looking cute gets you pretty far in life when your 3
    Clothes don't make the person (He's super cute even in mismatched play clothes)
    Independance is hard earned
    Cleaning can be fun
    Nature walks can take place over the course of a week and next week the back yard is still just as interesting
    playing in the mud is fun
    Mud cleans up
    Naptime is funner with someone else

I could go on and on.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010