what is the website to look up sex offenders in your area?

The FREE one! I've tried to google it but all I keep getting it ones that say free and end up trying to charge me.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can google it and it should take you the site you need...I looked it up myself for TN and I put in the county as well, it took me straight to the sight I needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• keep in mind that not all the people on that site are actually sex offenders!! They are the people who have had 'crimes against minors' as well as sex offenses. Those sites don't tell you when they were convicted or what their original conviction was. My boyfriend is on there for failure to re-register after moving to a new state.. what they don't tell you is that he and his 'friend' (who he has no connection to anymore) were both convicted after the friend was looking at porn on his computer.. didn't know it was underage porn. Another friend is on there because some girl with a fake ID convinced him to sleep with her and then her mother pressed charges.
    Just a little info.. be careful how you judge people! Not everyone who is listed on there is a horrible sex criminal.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2010