Do you think that people should be forced to use cloth diapers?

Disposable ones are so bad for the environment!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hmmm Communist much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think its personnal preference..My mom had to use cloth on me when I was little bc I was allergic to everything it seemed. Trying to force people into things they dont want to do could lead to a riot..And seriously who want to cause a riot over diapers? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• if you are concerned, get off the computer, it uses energy so unless you have a wind powered generator in your yard, you are part of the problem too!
    Anonymous

• It's a personal choice. I can think of a lot worse things for the environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• ok sure disposables are bad for the environment, but I do my part by recycling cans, plastic, glass and paper so I think that makes it ok for me to use a disposable diaper.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i think cloth diapers are disgusting. I know you wash them and all but still come on your child is having bowl movements in something that can be made into a tshirt. Im not all about the enviroment stuff yes i try my best to recycle but theres so many worse things out there then a diaper...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Well, if you're going to do that, then you may as well supply everyone with a washer and dryer too. I want to cloth diaper but have at times used disposables because I haven't always had access to my own washer and dryer and sorry to say, cloth diapers need to be washed! I couldn't always afford to pay the money to do diapers every day or even every few days. I was fortunate that my daughter got a lot of clothes from freecycle because there were times when we were only able to do laundry a couple of times a month! That doesn't work with cloth diapers. That said, I did make sure to at least flush whatever solids I could flush in the toilet but unfortunately, I did have to use disposable diapers quite a bit.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 5:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No. But people should be offered the choice in a more positive manner and with better explanations of the pros of cloth diapers.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My boys are grown, but when they were little I did use cloth diapers when we were at home a lot and not going anywhere. I didn't use them exclusively, though. One little teetee and off they have to come. The wetness stays right there, next to their skin. Believe me, you'll keep yourself busy changing diapers MORE than w/disposable. I washed them in hot water and a little bleach to get them nice & white. I still remember seeing them hang on my clothesline.

I don't think anyone can MAKE others use cloth diapers exclusively. It's just not gonna happen!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I used cloth diapers on my 3 kids. They can be very inconvenient, especially if you leave the house. And yes, you need easy access to a washing machine.
    I do think that the DD companies created a false defense, in arguing that it was comparable, due to the use of so much water to wash the cloth diapers.
    Parents should know that not are they bad for the environment, but the salt in the diapers is continually absorbing moisture - kinda a bad thing so near such a delicate area!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2010