Do you think that daycares are healthy for the workers?

Maybe that is not the right way to phrase it. Long ago..about 15 years ago I was a preschool teacher. One of the babies in my class (I had the toddlers) was constantly sick. His mom said he was fine and under a doctors care. I was very concerned. He kept throwing up mucus. I had to clean it up. I got so sick I nearly died from the pneumonia it caused.
I guess my question is more....I know we all worry about children's health, but do you consider your caregiver's health when you send your sick child to daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• I definitely do. I work at a school and get very angry at times with what parents will send their kids in with. I have 2 immune-compromised toddlers at home, but they don't think about what they could be giving everyone at school, who could go home and seriously endanger someone else. Today, a mom brought her son to school with Impetaigo (sp?), and I touched him before she told me! I was so freaked out, thinking about coming home to my kids, that I couldn't even speak to her. Had to get the nurse to explain why he couldn't be in school.... You'd think it's common sense, but some people are so selfish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010