What is one illness you wished received more attention?

Mine is autoimmune issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wish someday people who are living with a mental illness such as depression or any other mental condition didn't have the negative label attached to it. I have a history of depression which fortunately doesn't require medication or therapy at this time. There is a huge stigma attached to mental illness and those who are or have been treated for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Thyroid cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with Anon :38.
    Mental illnesses are incorrectly diagnosed and medicated a lot of times and there are so many people who need help but can't get it.
    There needs to be a better and safer system to help, diagnose, and treat the mentally ill.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Parkinsons disease. my father died of it and i think with the right research they can find a cure. just might take some $$$$. They have a good start on diagnosis and relief but a cure would be great.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 11:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Autism. Specifically, a cure for it. There are all kinds of great therapies that work to improve the quality of life once a person has autism, but I'd like to see more attention and dollars toward both a cure and a prevention so that no one's child has to have autism in the first place.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Food allergies. There's got to be a cure. Our life is so difficult knowing our children could die at any minute if they eat a tiny bite of the wrong food. It's so scary.
    Anonymous

• I think most people will say whatever is affecting them or their families. Since I've been blessed with good help for me and my family then I'm not so partial.

I guess I would say, mental issues. It seems the most prevelant.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• mental illness
    Jenna66

Answer by Jenna66 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2010