is it bad to use bleach during pregnany?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• clorox like bleach? Yes you should wear a mask and only use in a ventilated area and try to avoid it all together. Hair bleach some say yes some say no.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yeah clorox bleach ill mop and it would be so strong were i cry i just need to know if its bad so i can stop using it what could it do to my baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The fumes are toxic and can cause baby brain damage and you the same and lung damage. I just learned recently that bleach was invented by the germans to kill jews so yeah it is bad bad bad stop using it right now
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• imo, it is bad to use pregnant or not. it is not necessary either.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have to use it.. I have a daycare and it is part of the state rule that I soak all toys that can be put in water in a bleach/water mixture... When I use it I put in it the bathroom where there is a vent fan and hold my breath when I am in there dumping the bleach and then close the door and don't go back in till the smell is gone! I just can't avoid it, and I don't like using it while I am pregnant but I don't have a choice..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Does the state allow chlorine-free disinfecting? The same result can work with peroxide and a vegetable based soap. You can also steam disinfect toys in a dishwasher.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• you can also disinfect with vinegar water too, but i don't know if your state would allow it. you could check it out, vinegar water doesn't even have to be rinsed off the toys! good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I will have to check that out because I deff like to use vinegar better!!! and the only dishwasher i have is ME.lol I wish I had one but nope no room for one! thanks for the tips ladies! even though this isn't my post!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 11:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Bleach is bad for you, pregnant or not. There are plenty of other options out there for disinfecting and cleaning that is way better than bleach.
    Tea Tree oil mixed with water is antibacterial.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• im a hairdresser. DO NOT BLEEH or die ur whole head, go's rite to the baby, has a high chance of causen brain functioning problem.. the most i recommend i highlites
    Anonymous